Friday, March 8, 2013

Elite Eight

My students were so excited when they walked in this morning about March Madness!  I love this group of boys that gathered.  I think this is the moment when one said, "This is like Duke versus Indiana!"*


I hope that I am able to ride the wave of NCAA March Madness and spark some reading madness!  I think they were about to start taking bets...

I only wish that I could open a pool on this.  I know I would do much better than basketball!

So here it is!  The winners of the "East Conference": Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Fever 1793, the Hunger Games, and Rules.  I think my favorite match up is Fever versus Wimpy Kid.  Could there be any more dissimilar books?  It's going to be an exciting division for sure!


And the winners of the "West Conference": Harry Potter, The Tale of Despereaux, Matilda, and Narnia.
 
Stay tuned for the announcement of the Final Four next week!
 
*Thanks to CJ Hop for confirming that this did indeed make sense.  My basketball knowledge is severely lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment