Saturday, May 11, 2013

Scholastic Book Warehouse Sale


Deal of the century!  I got alllllll of these books below for $2 TOTAL!  If you haven't visited the Scholastic Book Warehouse Sale, you need to now.  The local sale runs through May 24 here with all books 25-80% off.  Most are around 50% off.
 
The real deals are in the "Scratch and Dent" aisle.  Since my students seem to prefer items that are scratched and dented, it's a great way to get books for a dollar or two!
 
Check out this amazing selection that I will use for our Civil Rights unit next year.  The most expensive (hardcover) book in this pic was $4!


These nonfiction deals were each $1!



This adorable book was 50% off.  It's got a great predictable text pattern that I'm hoping to use for some end of the year writing soon...or, someday, rather.


More novels...top price $3.

I know what you're thinking... "Uh, Amy, you just said you paid $2 total!"  That's right!  Two bucks, plus three hours of my time to volunteer as a cashier.  There is on-the-job training and you get paid in books!  Done deal.  If you're interested in volunteering, when you sign up on the Scholastic site for a coupon for the sale ($10 off $50 or $25 off $100, people!), there is the option to click "I'd like to volunteer."  Someone will email you with the shifts that are available.  I've been doing it for years and it's been a great way to keep my library up to date and growing in volume.

Check it out.  You won't be sorry (but your wallet might be).

No comments:

Post a Comment