Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Girls on the Run Continued




You may remember that this past spring I served as running buddy to one of my sweet students who was training for her first 5k with Girls on the Run (if not, check it out here and here).  It really is such an incredible organization and I love all that they do to build into young girls.

It was such a powerful and lovely experience that I decided to train for my own marathon as a "Sole Mate" for Girls on the Run of Cincinnati.  This means that I am raising funds for a girl who is on scholarship.  By the way, no girl is ever turned away from the program for financial difficulties.  That means about 50% of the girls who join are receiving some sort of financial assistance for the program or running equipment (including new running shoes!).


Girls on the Run
 
 
On Sunday I hosted a fundraising event to help me meet my goal.  It was a great day with a break in the rain just for us!
 
My sweet student from last spring came and told us all about what GOTR has meant to her.  Then I planned a 2-mile walk/run course.  About 20 friends joined in the fun!

Sweet student did such a good job talking about GOTR!
 
And of course, we had some yummy snacks afterwards!
 
 
Some of my running friends and my guest of honor :)
 
I'm still working on raising money for GOTR, so if you would like to donate, it's not too late and it's easy to do online
 
Thanks in advance for supporting these darling runners!

My GOTR team!  I am so excited to help sponsor a few of these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment