Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Child's Garden of Poetry

Good morning, reader!  What a fun time of year this is at school.  I know my students so well and they know my expectations, goals, routines, and sense of humor.  I just love it and try to take moments to appreciate how far we have come as individual learners and a classroom community. 

Specifically, it's been really fun to rejoice in these moments throughout our poetry unit.  I love the little poets that are growing before my eyes! 

Yesterday we watched "A Child's Garden of Poetry."  It's a 24-minute special from HBO and just lovely.  It's basically children talking about the power of poetry and sharing their favorite verses, which are then read by actors such as Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore, Dave Matthews, and more.  Check out more or order your own copy here.

You can also preview some of my students' favorites below.  Enjoy!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment