Monday, April 15, 2013

Girls on the Run

I am horrified by what happened today at the Boston Marathon. It is terrible and sad and I have no words. Only prayers!

So I will use the inspiration of Jon Stewart who said after September 11, "The reason I don't worry about the world is nineteen people knocked down two buildings and killed thousands. Hundreds of people ran into those buildings to save them. I'll take those odds every day."

In that spirit, when I heard about the tragedy, I had just finished running with one of my students. She asked me about a week ago to run a 5k with her and I was honored to say yes.

She has been training with the amazing group, Girls on the Run. Their mission is to promote healthy body image, friendships, goal setting and more through running. I just love it and can't wait to be a part of the race in about a month.

So that is how I will try to remember today.





No comments:

Post a Comment