Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Directions

{Sister will love that I already worked a Glee reference into a post...even if it was slightly forced!}

I'm still working out a few things of what I think this blog should be.  Part inspiration, part rambling, perhaps?  I have lots of potential posts floating around but yet to take form.  So I'll start with what may be most helpful to you--a new resource for great ideas.  (You can thank me later.)

Today, while responding to students in my online grad class, I was introduced to lots of fantastic online resources.  (Isn't it nice when the students do the work for you!?)  One that I feel very fortunate to have been introduced to is a great collection of student anchor texts.  It's always a challenge to find samples of student work that feel like the right level for what I expect my students to produce, especially if it is my first time teaching a new genre.  I'm excited to have a new place to search for just the right mentors for my young writers.

Check out this little gem from Smekens Education Solutions, Inc.  Kristina Smekens has a great collection of videos, lesson plans, and resources that are all fresh, creative, and FREE!  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment