Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happy First Day of School!

Blog, how I've missed you!  This has been an action-packed week gearing up for the first day of school.

I have so much to share with you, but for now, I am going to send you to another blog (is that cheating?!).  The lovely Donalyn Miller of Book Whisperer fame (read it if you haven't yet!) keeps a blog of the same name. 


This week she wrote about read-aloud books to establish community.  I love her list, including developing communities of readers & writers, communities who value one another, communities who have fun, and communities who care about the world.

BookSpeak!: Poems about Books by Laura Purdie Salas is TOTALLY on my wish list.  Does it get any better than a book of poems about books?

Wishing you a happy first day of school as well (whenever it is/was).  I hope someone told you how much they appreciate what you do to make a difference in the lives of children.  If not, know that I am affirming you!

No comments:

Post a Comment