Sunday, August 19, 2012

ReadWorks

Down to only a few days of summer left!  It's been chock-full of good learning and teaching and now I'm (mostly) excited to meet my newest bunch on Wednesday!

In the midst of all these meetings and final preparation, I have a resource to share today...

Readworks.org is a FREE (you do have to sign up for an account but it's really easy), wonderful resource that is going to be one of my "go to" resources next year.

I am most obsessed with their collection of nonfiction pieces.  It's searchable by grade, topic, reading skill, etc.  In a PD with my department on Friday we worked on developing reading workshop mini-lessons/ assessments around a specific text.  We were able to find a great piece from Readworks on the Civil Rights movement ("A Lesson in Courage") that really helped pull together the lesson.  Check it out and let me know how you use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment