Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer Book Purchases

A few weeks ago I was at the Eric Carle Picture Book Museum in Amherst Massachusetts (AKA the BEST gift shop/bookstore ever).  I can never get out of there without buying at least a few new books.

This year I walked out with signed copies of two books I can't WAIT to use for our regions unit, both by Diane Siebert.

The first is Sierra.

The second is Heartland.  Both have beautiful illustrations and lovely, poetic text with great details!  They're just begging to be a mentor text!


 

I have Mojave already, so I'm excited to add more to my collection.


I added Mississippi to my wishlist!




Another great one for your consideration is Tour America: A Journey through Poems and Art, perfect for a regions study!




No comments:

Post a Comment