Sunday, June 2, 2013

Affirmation Posters

Two days left of school! And if you're like me, that means you're thinking something along the lines of, "How do I keep these kids so busy they won't be tempted to mutiny!?"

Well ATP #3 (aren't I blessed to have THREE Awesome Teaching Partners?!) has the perfect activity! 

She gives each kid a paper with his/her name on it that gets passed around to all the other students. Each kiddo takes a turn writing something positive and specific about their classmate.

What they end up with is a poster of warm fuzziness basically.

I came into school for a few hours to put in grades and had a grand time procrastinating by making these posters for my kiddos. I tried to make a symbol/ decor choice specific to each one, including a smiley face, a bowling pin, a crown, a racetrack, a running shoe, a roller skate, legos, and more.  It's so fun to know them so well at this point!

I look forward to seeing them react to a personalized "work of art." 

No comments:

Post a Comment