Saturday, January 19, 2013

When is Enough Enough?

I get so much inspiration from other teachers...typically the ones I work with day to day, but also the ones I meet in workshops, at conferences, or even those I have never met.

On her blog, Read, Write, and Reflect, Katherine Sokolowski shared her recent thoughts on how overworked teachers often feel, especially at this time of the year.

She said of the test-driven culture,

Do we just want to point at our schools and say they are failing? Seriously? The teachers I know work HARD, they give up time with their families, their own salary to buy items for their classrooms, care about their students, and try hard to help their students become the best they can be. So much of what we do cannot be measured on a test.

Read the full text of her powerful post here.  And teachers, be proud of all the immeasurable work you do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment